Language for Life Staff

Language for Life Staff

mercoledì 19 novembre 2014

Pronouns - Exercises


site: http://www.ego4u.com/en/cram-up/grammar/pronouns/exercises

Exercise on Pronouns

Personal Pronouns - Subject

Replace the words in brackets by the correct personal pronouns. Note that Sue is the person speaking. The (*) means that you are asked a question.
  1. My name is Sue. (Sue)  am English. And this is my family.
  2. My mum's name is Angie. (Angie)  is from Germany.
  3. Bob is my dad. (My dad)  is a waiter.
  4. On the left you can see Simon. (Simon)  is my brother.
  5. (Sue and Simon)  are twins.
  6. Our dog is a girl, Judy. (Judy)  is two years old.
  7. (Sue, Simon, Angie and Bob)  live in Canterbury.
  8. (Canterbury)  is not far from London.
  9. My grandparents live in London. (My grandparents)  often come and see us.
  10. What can (*)  tell me about your family?



Site: http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/cgi-shl/quiz.pl/pronouns_add2.htm



RONOUN CHOICES: Practice Exercise 2
1.  Be sure that everyone brings ____________ own book.
 HIS OR HER
 THEIR
2.  If anyone calls, tell ____________ that I'll be back in half an hour.
 HIM OR HER
 THEM
3.  Joe and ____________ have been close friends for many years.
 ME
 I
4.  Did you see Derek and ____________ at the game?
 HER
 SHE
5.  Between you and ____________ , this politician cannot be trusted.
 ME
 I
6.  Each person in the room turned ____________ head to the front when the teacher entered.
 THEIR
 HIS
7.  We know that we can count on James, Anne, and ____________ .
 HER
 SHE
8.  Rhonda explained that ____________ and her sister had often eaten at that restaurant.
 HER
 SHE
9.  Most of the workers were wearing ____________ hard hats.
 HIS OR HER
 THEIR
10.  It's always best for a student to ask questions when ____________ doesn't understand a problem.
 SHE
 THEY
11.  The children in that neighborhood often ride ____________ bikes through the park.
 HIS OR HER
 THEIR
12.  The local government plans to cut ____________ budget for recreation.
 ITS
 THEIR
13.  When I meet new people, I'm usually curious about ____________ occupations.
 THEIR
 HIS OR HER
14.  Everyone who purchased one of the paintings ____________ pleased.
 WERE
 WAS
15.  Few of the suggestions ____________ reasonable to me.
 SOUND
 SOUNDS
16.  Christopher and ____________ want to travel to the Far East some day.
 I
 ME
17.  The cost of the repairs shocked both my brother and ____________ .
 I
 ME
18.  Most of the congestion on the highway ____________ caused by an overturned truck.
 WERE
 WAS
19.  To Maria and ____________ , the movie seemed very silly.

 HER
 SHE
20.  Both of the bicycles in the garage ____________ broken.
 IS
 ARE

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento